- Pure cold-press Pumpkin seed oil is a good source of antioxidants and heart-healthy fats like linoleic acid.
- Pumpkin seed oil is a rich source of vitamins and minerals which decrease your risk of heart disease.
- It also improves blood cholesterol levels, leading to a happy heart and a glad you.
- It is also helpful in the treatment of urinary disorders. Pumpkin seed oil supplements are also used to promote prostate health.
- Pure cold pressed Pumpkin seed oil also promotes sound sleep. Sound sleep is also helpful in mental health. Many lifestyle diseases like high Blood pressure and migraine can be resolved by good sleep.
- It is suitable for hair also as regular use can reverse hair loss and is also helpful in promoting hair growth.
- It contains vitamins A, K, and E, which hydrate your skin and scalp. It shields your hair protein and encourages growth.
- Due to its anti-inflammatory properties, it is helpful in arthritis.
- It plays a crucial role in healing wounds and does wonders for the soft tissues inside the mouth or gums, healing from gingivitis-induced bleeding.
Direction of Uses
Applications and use in food
- Increase in hair growth – As per studies, men who took 400 ml of Pumpkin seeds oil per day (in capsule form) for 24 weeks saw growth in hair. Applying it to your scalp a few times every month is also advisable.
- After shower use, it can also be used by rubbing it into your hands and applying 2-3 drops on hair for moist and shiny hair.
- Hair mist – You can create a hair mist by mixing one cup of water and two teaspoons of Pumpkin oil and spraying it on your hair.
- Lowers Cholesterol – Regular consumption of Pumpkin oil lowers individuals' cholesterol levels, leading to a healthy heart.
- Urinary Tract Health – Another use of Pumpkin oil restores Urinary Tract health. Regular use of Pumpkin oil, as per studies, has helped in prostrate health and relief from overactive bladder. This was tested over people who consumed Pumpkin Seed oil over 12 weeks.
- Blood Pressure & Heart Disease – In addition to lowering cholesterol levels, regular use of Pumpkin Oil lowers blood pressure and leads to a safe and healthy heart.
- Used in salads and toppings – It is also a cooking oil and is used in salad dressings, marinades, and toppings.
- Topping up of ice-creams – Some recommend using Pumpkin oil as toppings on ice-creams due to its nutty flavour.
- Smoothies and Juices – It can also be added to smoothies and juices for that nice flavour.
It is always best to purchase pumpkin seed oil is cold-pressed form. This means that oil has been extracted from a Pumpkin by pressing rather than heating.
This retains more antioxidants and health benefits, which would have been comparatively less if the Pumpkin had been heated. In contrast to other forms of oil, Pumpkin oil is a little bit costly, but its benefits are immense.
- Pure cold pressed Pumpkin seed oil has Alpha Linolenic Acid[ALA], Vitamin A& E, Linoleic acid, and Oleic acid.